Friday, September 28, 2012

Letter to 7/8 Families

Dear Families of Voyager House,

    As some of you may know already, over the summer I did some major damage in my right knee. I always find it funny in life, when bad things happen while you’re doing something you love … in my case that would be playing in a soccer game.
    After the injury, and consultations with doctors, surgeons, and nurses it became clear that having surgery was not only going to be necessary, but needed to happen sooner than I had hoped. This surgery is not elective, and according to my surgeon can not be pushed back any later. With that said, I will be absent from Voyager House for about 2 weeks. During this time I can get my surgery taken care of and start my journey back to having a functional knee. I will be absent from October 8th-October 19th. My plan is to return to teaching on Monday, October 22nd.
    I wish I could have pushed the surgery to a more convenient time, but some things in life you just can’t budge! The students will be left in fantastic hands, and I am hoping to do some Skype sessions while I am absent.
    I do want to just take a second to thank the Voyager team for all of their support. Both staff and students have been extremely supportive and positive about this whole situation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.

Thank you so much,
Lauren Wesnak

No comments:

Post a Comment